WHAT WE BELIEVE
What We Believe Concerning Salvation
1. BELIEVE IN CHRIST
"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved..." Mark 16:16, Read also Acts 16:31,
Hebrews 11:6, John 3:16, John 5:24.
2. REPENT OF SINS
"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people
everywhere to repent" Acts 17:30, Also Acts 2:38, Luke 13:3.
3. Confess Faith in Christ
"For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that
you profess your faith and are saved" Romans 10:10. Also Matthew 10:32.
4. Be Baptized
"Peter replied, 'Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for
the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.' " Acts 2:38 Also
Mark 16:16, John 3:5, Acts 8:12, Romans 6:4-6, Galatians 3:26-27, I Peter 3:21.
5. Continue In Faithfulness
"Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor's crown."
The question "What must I do to be saved" is answered in the above steps. Won't you come and meet these requirements soon?
What We Believe Concerning Baptism
It requires water - Acts 8:36; Acts 10.
It requires much water - John 3:23
It requires going to the water - Acts 8:39; Mark 1:9.
It requires going down into the water - Acts 8:38.
It requires coming up out of the water - Matthew 3:16; Acts 8:39
It is a form of birth - John 3:5
It is a form of resurrection - Roman 6:4
It is a form of burial - Colossians 2:12
It is a form of planting (covered up) - Romans 6:5
What We Believe Concerning The Lord's Supper
I. Its purpose:
1. A memorial. Jesus said: "This do in remembrance of me" Luke 22:19
2. A communion. (I Corinthians 10:16) Not a communion with one another, but with Christ.
3. To build us up in Christ. The more we reverently think of His death for us, the more we
are determined to live for Him.
II. Who can partake:
Compare 1 Corinthians 11:23 and I Corinthians 1:1, 2. We here learn that Paul says all who
call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Christ gave it to His followers and has never
taken it from them. It is the Lord's Table and is spread for His people, and no man, or
company of men, can rightfully deprive one of God's children from partaking. Close
communion is unscriptural.
III. How often partake:
From Acts 2:42 we learn that the Lord's Supper had a prominent part in the worship of
the early disciples. By comparing Acts 20:7 and I Corinthian 16:1, 2, we discover that when the
disciples met it was to partake of the Lord's Supper, and it was their custom to meet every
Facts About The Church
1. FOUNDER - CHRIST
2. FOUNDATION - CHRIST
I Corinthians 3:11.
3. HEAD - CHRIST
4. THE CHURCH AT WORSHIP
The Church remembers Christ each Lord's Day by teaching, worship, fellowship, prayers,
giving, and observing the Lord's Supper.
Acts 2:42, I Corinthians 10:16, 17, 11:23-29, 16:2. Acts 20:7.
5. THE PLEA OF THE CHURCH
The Church offers a plea for unity on the grounds of the New Testament plan, realizing that
division is wrong because the Bible teaches against it.
John 17:20, 21, I Corinthians 1:10-13, Ephesians 4:1-6, 11-16.
a. to make known the wisdom of God.
b. to carry out the Great Commission.
Matthew 28:19, 20.
6. PURPOSE OF THE CHURCH
a. Salvation of lost souls.
b. Edification of every beliver.
c. Evagelization of the world with the word of God as our only source of authority. (the Great
7. ORGANIZATION OF THE CHURCH
The Church is patterned after the New Testament. There is no ecclesiastical organization
over a group of Churches. We enjoy local autonomy in the Lord.
Ten Reasons Why The Church Of Christ Is Worth Investigating
1. You read about it in the Bible. Romans 16:16
2. It has no creed but Christ, binds no name on its members but Christ's. Acts 11:26
3. It speaks where the Bible speaks and is silent where it is silent.
4. It exalts Christ as the ONLY head of the Church. Colossians 1:18
5. It teaches the SCRIPTURAL unity can be attained on all disputed doctrine questions.
I Corinthians 1:10
6. Its acts of worship are patterned after the New Testament.
7. The Church of Christ pleads for the unity of all believers in Christ. John 17:20-21
8. It is NOT a denomination, nor a group of denominations, but simply the body of
Christ. Colossians 1:18, I Corinthians 12:27
9. Its aim - to save souls by preaching the Gospel, teach godly living, and help those in need.
I Corinthians 15:1-4
10. Its future - eternal glory with Christ. I Thessalonians 4:17
Investigation costs you nothing? We invite you to make an honest and fair investigation of the teaching, program, pattern and worship of this Church.
The purpose of the River Hill Church of Christ is...
to lead people into a relationship with Jesus Christ
to build up the body of Christ (those who already believe)
to share the good news of salvation with the world using God's Word as our only source.